Healing doesn't have a rotation of spells to go through like a DPS spec does, however, there are often certain types of situations that arise where you can respond in a certain fashion. I've detailed some of the most common situations below, as well as how to heal them. In the heat of battle, you may not always be able to stick to these things exactly, but with a little practice they should become second nature.
Things to always do
- Maintain Lifebloom on a player at all times, usually the current tank, or yourself if using Photosynthesis.
- Maintain Efflorescence under the largest group of players, or under the tank(s) if players are spread out.
What to do when there's no major healing to be done
- Continue to keep Lifebloom and Efflorescence active.
- Consider helping DPS.
- Be mindful of incoming/predictable damage so you can start putting Rejuvenations on players ahead of time.
Healing heavy tank or single-target damage
- If you know the damage is coming, place Ironbark or Cenarion Ward (if talented) on the target ahead of time.
- If the target is already <50% health and nearing death, use Nature's Swiftness with Regrowth and follow-up with Swiftmend to heal them up. Continue using Regrowth or Nourish (if talented) if the damage is going to continue.
- Once the target is stable >50% health, place Rejuvenation on them and then follow up with another large heal (Regrowth, Swiftmend, etc) if they risk dying again without it.
- The main thing is to recognize when the damage is no longer critical so you don't waste mana or cooldowns.
Healing group-wide damage
- If you know the damage is coming, start placing Rejuvenations on as many players as possible ~10 seconds before the damage will start.
- For low to moderate damage where you were able to place Rejuvenations beforehand:
- For heavy damage where you placed Rejuvenations beforehand:
- Use Wild Growth as the damage starts.
- Depending on your talent choices:
- Continue to place Rejuvenations on players and using Wild Growth as needed.
- Use single-target spot healing like Swiftmend and Regrowth on players that will die otherwise.
- For moderate to heavy damage with little to no Rejuvenations placed beforehand:
- Use Wild Growth after the damage starts.
- Move Lifebloom to yourself if you're using Photosynthesis.
- Begin placing Rejuvenations on players not affected by your Wild Growth.
- Just before Wild Growth's heal over time effect expires, use Flourish (if talented).
- Use Incarnation: Tree of Life if you've taken that talent
- Continue placing Rejuvenations on players and using Wild Growth as needed.
- Finally, for critical, unexpected damage, Tranquility should be used. Using it should be your last-ditch plan to keep the group alive. If you're assigned to use Tranquility at a specific time by the group leader, try to hold it for that time at all costs. If you've taken Flourish, try to always have it available to extend the heal over time effect from Tranquility after it's done channeling.
Comment on Restoration Druid Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
August 07, 2021 - 7:51 am (Stat Weights and Gearing) - Added Blood Link to the Shards of Domination raid section, with Chaos Bane as an alternative if not dealing damage. Made minor updates to best in slot trinket lists.
August 07, 2021 - 7:40 am (Legendary Gear) - Reviewed and updated best in slot legendary lists.
August 04, 2021 - 7:24 pm (Addons) - Updated WeakAura import codes to hopefully fix auras not showing in raid.
July 13, 2021 - 12:05 am (Addons) - Updated Grid2 import code and filtered debuff lists with additional debuff fixes and additions for Tazavesh and Sanctum of Domination.
July 07, 2021 - 12:40 am (Addons) - Updated Grid2 import code with season 2 Mythic+ affixes.
July 06, 2021 - 11:41 pm (Addons) - Updated Grid2 import code with spell ID fixes in Sanctum of Domination.
July 05, 2021 - 2:36 am (Stat Weights and Gearing) - Full review and update to best in slot trinket lists of Raiding and Mythic+.
July 04, 2021 - 11:12 pm (Stat Weights and Gearing) - Updated Tazavesh trinkets to the hard mode item level of 233.
July 04, 2021 - 4:31 pm (Stat Weights and Gearing) - Added Tome of Insight to trinket lists.
July 03, 2021 - 12:20 am (Addons) - Updated Grid2 import code and filtered debuff lists with Tazavesh and Sanctum of Domination debuffs.